- (1 lb) Italian Sausage
- (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- (1) medium onion
- (1) 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- (2 cups) chicken broth (or water if no broth available)
- (8 oz) pasta (choose your favorite-bowtie, elbow, penne, etc!)
- (3 cups) fresh spinach
- (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese (or substitute your family's favorite instead)
- Add the olive oil to a skillet with the Italian sausage over medium heat. Saute the sausage through. You can choose to drain any fat if you like, but we prefer to keep it.
- Dice the onion and add it to the skillet, continuing to saute over medium until the onion is softened.
- Add the can of tomatoes and broth (or water if substituting). Stir everything together.
- Add the uncooked pasta to the skillet mix, ensuring it is fully submerged in the liquid. Cover the skillet with a lid and bring the mix to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low, allowing it to simmer for roughly 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking to the skillet bottom.
- Slowly add in the spinach, until it is just wilted. Keep the heat on, so the liquid will continue to cook and thicken.
- Add cheese to the top and allow it to melt for a minute or so, before serving!
Serve hot and enjoy!